Are you thinking of finally getting into the egg business and wondering if you should Build A Hen House for your chickens? It’s a great idea so let us give you some tips on Why and HOW to build a hen house!
The benefits of a hen house
A hen house will help control and streamline your inventory of birds you currently have and organize you better to think long term and plan ahead as you increase your livestock.
Once your birds have settled into their new home, you’ll notice you have healthier chickens and better size and quality eggs in just a short time.
As a business, you’ll have the choice of going the way of organic farming, thereby having the luxury of demanding more for your product.
With quite a small investment up front, you can convert your home or farmland into a lucrative business with modest to impressive returns.
How to build a hen house inexpensively
The first way to cut costs is to build it yourself. Don’t be alarmed because YOU can do it with some help from a good DIY building guide and helping hands from a few friends. You don’t need to hire a carpenter or skilled laborer.
Follow these steps and you can actually build a hen house over the course of a weekend!
1. Decide on size necessary
2. Choose practical location
3. Find a good DIY building guide
4. Gather your supplies
5. Round up hand and power tools
6. Arrange extra labor, if necessary
TIP: Be practical and don’t cut corners in areas that will suffer, example size of structure, because overcrowding can cause serious headaches and health problems. Don’t be penny wise and pound foolish.
Check your guide for guidance and vital info on every area and to take advantage of its tips, solutions and details on everything to do with your job at hand – to build a hen house.
Tips to know before you begin
Be sure to take these factors into consideration before you begin to build a hen house:
• proper lighting – remember to include a window or other opening into your design. Besides needing natural light to stay healthy, hens lay eggs in proportion to the hours of sunlight they bask in every day so let the sunshine in!
• sufficient ventilation – fresh air and cross ventilation is essential to healthy, hearty chickens. Sick hens are not the best candidates for laying eggs so let them breathe clean oxygen instead of stale, stagnant air
• healthy food and water – ensuring easy access to life sustaining clear water and fresh food is vital to healthy, agile and robust hens
• elevation – normally this is an option but we strongly advise that you build a hen house off-the-ground to keep your chickens dry and comfortable, as well as to protect them from potential attacks from wild or even domestic animals
If you take good care of YOUR hens, they’re sure to reward YOU with fresher, larger, and more numerous egg count.
Using step by step plans when building a hen house
It’s highly recommended if you want to build your own hen house, that you’ll actually start using step by step building plans. Within these plans you’ll find out:
* What Materials To Get.
* Where To Get The Materials.
* What Tools To Use.
* Step by Step Instructions On How To Build The Hen House.
* Hundreds of Building Plans & Designs.
Why don’t you take a look at these plans? Visit: Hen House Plans
So, if you want to start building your own hen house, then you should definitely consider getting yourself a step by step building plans. It helps you to avoid making expensive and time consuming mistakes.
So, do you want to start building a hen house so you can keep your hens healthy and safe? Visit: Build A Hen House